Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Old Flames, Lost Loves

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ~Genie~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    OK, I am hoping this also might bring some help to people. Its a small world and you never know who knows who in this world. Have you ever had someone that YOU HAVE NEVER been able to get over still to this day? Is there that special someone that touched your life and now you have lost contact with that person? I am making this topic, in hopes, or some small miracle that one day I can find this one man, and just see how he is doing and how his life is.

    OK, my lost love, is a guy that I met here on the army base before I was married. Infact, I dated his friend first. I was with his friend named Jim. And then I caught Jim cheating on me. I busted him with the girl, then thats when the man I am STILL not over stepped in and comforted me, took care of me and everything. After I busted Jim, this guy and I were together almost 24-7! We went to movies, restaurants. We were always at the billiards (pool hall) place together. WE stayed up all night one night at my house just talking. We talked on the phone one night, all night long. Over time, he and I grew close, and I fell so deep in love with him, that still to this day, I can not seem to get over him. I still love him. If I found him or saw him today, and he told me, "I have still loved you all this time and I want to be with you and your kids, and Ill take care of you, I would leave my hubby in a second. And it wasnt even really sexual between him and I. We only had sex once. After I got married, we found each other once on a phone call. I fineally found him, and we even planned to go away for the weekend and meet in Atlanta Georgia. I drove to Atlanta,but he never showed up. He explained later. Since then, I had one phone call from him in the middle of the night to tell me he was leaving to move to San Dieago California. I have not seen or heard from him since. I still love this man and if he wanted to be with me, I would be with him.
    SO, if anyone knows a BROOKS .R. Smith, stationed at Fort Stewart Georgia in 1993, after that lived in Alabama at Ridgeland
    RD.S. in Mobile Alabama then San Diego California, someone please let him know there is still a woman looking for him that still loves him.

    Is there someone that you still love that you have never gotten over that you are looking for, for whatever reasons? Is there an old flame or a lost love???

    [This message has been edited by ~Genie~ (edited July 07, 2001).]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Sniffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    1,014
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    gee it's wonderful to see the love you have for your HUSBAND and the FATHER of your children... kinda gets me all teary eyed

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ~Genie~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do love my husband! If I didnt I wouldnt have married him. But there will always be love for this man as well. I love my husband for many reasons. But at the same time, hubby is a hard person to love. So am I though. I admitt it. Im hard to live with too. But this is just one of those "first love" kinda things. One thing is, hubby and I got married real young, before we both knew just what we were getting in to. I dont know, its just one of those things I guess thats hard for me to explain.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ~Genie~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Am I the only one who wants to look up a lost love or an old flame? Does anybody else feel the way i do about their first love or someone that touched their life?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Paige420's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2001
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    my first love, his name was Chevy... we'd known each other since we were in diapers almost (or at least i was) and in the past 5 years, we've gotten SUPER close... but one night, after a huge fight we had all into , winding up with 4 of our close friends, and his baby brother nearly beaten to death, he left town, and i didn't hear from him for about a week.. which was odd, cuz we'd never gone a day without at least 10 phone calls..

    anyways, i get to this place we used to party at one night, and i saw his truck.. i was sooo excited, i thought 'yes, he's finally back, just wanted to surprise us'.. so i'm looking around the place for him, and i walk to the underpass, where we first made out, and i saw something in there..

    i got a little closer, and found his body laying there, face down in a puddle...

    ...that happened in march, and to this day, i cry every night.. i live with his baby brother now, cuz he's the best friend i could ever ask for, and so much more.. but i'd give up anything in a heart beat if i could be with him today, or even to have been able to tell him how much i love him...

    something i never really did *sigh*

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    His name was Ron..and I met him on the Porch at the Partyhouse..we had a pretty torrid cyber affair for over a year..

    I knew that there was no-way that I would ever meet him seeing as we lived on different continents..I would have loved to touched him..spent time with him because he was an amazing brilliant man..

    My heart still flutters when I think of him..sadly I havent heard from him since January 2000 and I still miss chatting till all hours of the night..*sigh*

    I just hope that he turns up oneday and drops me a quick hello..

    ------------------
    Sounds of laughter..
    Shades of love...
    Death Defying

  7. #7
    Inactive Member CrazySam's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    330
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am definitely with Sniffs on this one. To me, if you marry someone, you make a commitment that there will be no others. And you put every bit of emotion into the one you loved enough to marry, no matter who else comes along, or who else things didn't work out with in the past. I guess I don't believe love is a feeling that randomly comes along, if you build a marriage on that, it ain't gonna be much of a marriage. LOve is something you do. And Genie, for the life of me, I can't understand your moral high ground you always take when you write something like this? I mean what if your husband ever read this? How much effort would he want to put into loving a woman who he knows felt this way about him? You know what? He doesn't have to read this, we ain't dumb. We know where we stand. Normally, I would never judge anyone on here, but you already set the standard by which you want to be judged by the way you judged some here. I just don't understand why you don't put this energy into your marriage, to be honest. You get what you give.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Sniffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    1,014
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sorry genie... i'm just having a tough time finding any sympathy. you are the one who walked out on your husband, taking your son, while pregnant, and moved in with some man you met on the internet and had never met face to face. when it wasn't what you expected you went back to your hubby and he took you back. if you ask me, i'd say he has a lot of forgiveness in his heart and strength of character or he'd have kicked your ass to the curb. and yet you sit here whining about how much you "love" some man you haven't seen in years and point blank state that if you thought you had a chance at finding this guy you'd leave your hubby in a heartbeat. my question is this... is he your husband and lifelong partner, the man you committed yourself to for life?? or is he just some guy to pay the bills and lay you once in a while until you find the one you really want?
    *shakes head and walks away*

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ~Genie~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, I consider what I have done in the PAST, to be left in the past. And even if I wanted to change what I have done in the past, I couldnt. So it doesnt bother me one way or another anyhow. About my husband, NO< He is not as you put it, "just someone to pay the bills, and to lay me". He is more than that. You are making judgements on my marriage when you really DONT KNOW everything that goes on anyway. Yes, i married hubby cause I loved him, and I still do. We just have differences. Are you telling me, NO OTHER married couple in AMERICA has troubles or hard times? Yeah, I knwo I am lucky my hubby took me back, and he and I have gotten closer since then. We have talked allot and worked out allot of problems, but he is not just a lay and someone to pay the bills. He is like my best friend, he is a hard worker, and a great dad, when he wants to be. He is fun to laugh with and be with. I NEVER SAID I DINDT love my husband. WOW, whos judging now??? HHHMMM?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member CrazySam's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    330
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gemie, you just posted this:
    "Yes, i married hubby cause I loved him, and I still do. We just have differences. Are you telling me, NO OTHER married couple in AMERICA has troubles or hard times? Yeah, I knwo I am lucky my hubby took me back, and he and I have gotten closer since then. We have talked allot and worked out allot of problems, but he is not just a lay and someone to pay the bills. He is like my best friend, he is a hard worker, and a great dad, when he wants to be. He is fun to laugh with and be with. I NEVER SAID I DINDT love my husband. WOW, whos judging now??? HHHMMM?". But first, you said this:
    If I found him or saw him today, and he told me, "I have still loved you all this time and I want to be with you and your kids, and Ill take care of you, I would leave my hubby in a second.", and this: I still love this man and if he wanted to be with me, I would be with him. SO, if anyone knows a BROOKS .R. Smith, ......... someone please let him know there is still a woman looking for him that still loves him." I ain't gonna tell you what you should do. BUt I am gonna suggest you decide what you want, and then go for whatever you pick, because you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. Us men can sense stuff, and I just have a feeling if you treated your husband like you believed he was the one you really wanted to be with, eventually, he would be. If you think happiness is gonna come from a man, you are going to be dissapointed cause we all have faults. You treat someone like they are a good second choice, they are going to behave like a second choice. You treat someone like they are the most important thing to you, sooner or later, it starts to sink into them that they are. And about the judging thing, try to exchange subjects with the post partum thread, only put husbands and marriage in there in place of kids, cause it's the same principle here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •